Interesting Research for Parents and Educators:
The CDMCLA and some of our collaborators have been involved in research that may be of interest to parents and educators. If you want to learn more about any of these areas, please click on the title.
- Parenting on the Digital Age
- On Commonsensemedia.org Kids and Multitasking
- In Education.com: Adolescents and Electronic Communication
- In Science Magazine: Education and technology
- In Applied Development Psychology: Internet guidelines for children and adolescents
- Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology: Inadvertent exposure to pornography on the Internet: Implications of peer-to-peer file sharing networks for child development and families
- In Current Opinions in Psychiatry: Youth Internet Use: Risks and Opportunities
- In The Future of Children: Communication Online: Adolescent Relationships and Media
- In Adolescence Magazine: Adolescents on the Net: Internet Use and Well-being
PRESENTATIONS AT SCHOOLS AND OTHER FORUMS:
- On May 14th, 2011 Yalda T. Uhls and Martha Kaufeldt presented at Brain Diversity and the iGeneration, a conference for parents, teachers and students.
- Yalda T. Uhls presented “Parenting in the Digital Age” at Pacific Palisades Elementary on January 24, 2011.
- Adriana Manago and Yalda T. Uhls gave a presentation to the Disney support group regarding virtual worlds on October 7, 2010.
- Yalda T. Uhls was part of a panel discussion titled, Learning from the Media: Encouraging Wonder and Discovery Among Children and Families, along with presenters from Getty and Smithsonian and screenwriter Robert Ben Garant, NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 1 and 2, at the American Museum Association’s conference on May 26, 2010.
- T. Uhls gave a presentation to parents at Pacific Palisades Elementary School on January 14, 2010. The topic of her lecture was on kids and Media. She also gave presentation to teachers on February 9, 2010. The topic of her lecture was on media use outside of the classroom.
- T. Uhls gave a presentation at Burroughs Middle School about cyberbullying on the Internet. The presentation took place on January 28, 2010.
- Anna Bing Arnold Children’s Center, CSLA, Presentation to Pre-School parents on early media use.
- Greenfield Science article, Technology and Informal Education: What is taught and what is learned, was the featured article for the Harvard Macy Institute, a training institute for healthcare educators all over the world
If you are interested in having one of our researchers come speak please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org